Remove Arrest Records
Is it possible to remove arrest records online? Absolutely, however, the process of doing so has become extremely tedious over the past several years as more and more legislation has been implemented to protect these individuals.
Everyone who has ever been arrested has a mugshot or arrest records online, and it’s simple to locate them. Shocked? So, how do you remove arrest records from the internet? First, let’s examine what an arrest record is.
An arrest record is filed after an arrest of an individual is made for allegedly breaking the law. Next, their criminal information is uploaded into the county database where it can be easily accessible by nearly everyone with an internet connection.
A criminal record, however, exposes any convictions a person may have… lesser people fall into this classification. Not everyone who has a mugshot online was convicted or sentenced. This is a common misconception amongst the online mugshot publication industry.
As soon as another person observes your mugshot they will assume you were pronounced guilty when in actuality you were most likely let go minutes later.
Quick, Private & Effective
Mugshots Are Public Information
If you have ever been arrested, it does not matter who you are, where you’re from, or what you did. Your mugshot and/or arrest details will be online. This means that anybody can find your record, and they can do so with ease. There are different state laws in place that specify this.
The customary approach when it comes to arresting records is that they are public information. Nevertheless, each state can decide whether they wish for such records to be readily accessible to the public or not. For example, California will publish the details however not the mugshot itself.
Unmistakably, possessing a criminal record, in particular, can create difficulties for you in terms of obtaining a new job, buying a new home/apartment, or even when you are applying for loans.
Someone who sees a mugshot online is likely to draw certain conclusions. Even if it was later deciding that you were not guilty, you should no longer have to suffer the consequences of past mistakes. Especially if you have repaid your debt to society.
Finding Arrest Records
There are a plethora of websites that permit people to hunt for mugshots. Normally, these websites display an individual’s name, birthday, and other personal details. This can include height and weight. Some of these websites stem from the police departments directly. In fact, there are police departments that run mugshot of the day competitions. Where they publish a specific mugshot on their homepage for the surrounding community to easily see.
“One of the core values of the Dothan Police Department is to maintain peace and order while enhancing the quality of life. This is of course, in cooperation with all who share the common interests of this city.”
Mugshot websites are private businesses. Interestingly enough, these arrest record sites make their money not from the people searching for mugshots, but rather from those appearing on them.
Quick, Private & Effective
“Arrest logs and their possible afflictions can haunt people years later – especially those who were not found guilty and also for those whose charges were dismissed. This is an issue that weighs justice with freedom of the press and public records.”
Remove Arrest Records in 2020
So what can you do if you have noticed that your arrest records are on the internet? There are, in fact, various possibilities and options at your disposal. Nonetheless, this begins with being practical about every possibility.
“Some arrests can never be removed, this includes arrests for sex-related offenses, very violent charges, and drivers license suspensions.”
But there are things that can be done, including:
- Seal your records. This means that your arrest records are no longer public information. Keep in mind this does not remove or destroy it. That would be an expungement below.
- Expunge your records. This means that the state will remove your arrest record so that no one, not even the courts or government agencies, will have access to it.
Will EraseMugshots Remove Arrest Records For You?
Various circumstances determine whether the state will seal or expunge your arrest records. It is essential that you recognize these factors so that you have a better idea of how likely you are to succeed. Their factors include:
- Your age at the time when the arrest occurred. Luckily, most juvenile records are automatically marked as confidential.
- Search Google for the rules and laws regarding sealing or expungement in your state.
- Your current relationship with law enforcement. For example, if you have any prior convictions or are currently going through a court case, it is likely that your application will be rejected.
- The crime that shows up on your arrest record. Regrettably, sex-related crimes and license suspensions are challenging, if not impossible to remove no matter where you are in the country. Furthermore, states like New Jersey will not expunge any type of traffic violation.
- When did the arrest occur? Ordinarily, you have to wait at least five years before you are qualified however some states you can be eligible after a few weeks..
Are you ready to remove arrest records online? Contact us today and build a brighter future.